The majority of debts are, of course, recoverable at some stage but occasionally you may
need to resort to issuing proceedings.
What we doWe act for small to medium enterprises in the collection of their debts. We think that we are good at collecting our own debts and we apply the same determination and processes when seeking to recover our clients’ debts.
We are able to tailor the debt recovery services we provide to suit your needs and depending on your instructions. We are able to manage the recovery of your debts by issuing a letter of demand if that is all you want or we can follow up the management of your debtors through to the issuing of a claim, obtaining judgment and enforcing that judgment.
How we can helpWe can either manage the whole of the debt recovery process for you so you don’t have to worry about it and get on with running your business, or we can project manage parts of the process if you wish to keep your costs down.
We can and will:
- Issue letters of demand, Final Notices of Claim and Statutory Demands
- Advising on the likelihood of recovery if the debt is not paid pursuant to a letter of demand
- Managing the debt if the debtor has made a commitment to pay
- Issuing proceedings in the Magistrates Court of South Australia (for “small claims” of up to $25,000 and general claims of up to $40,000) and in the District Court of South Australia for all claims above $40,000
- Obtain a default judgment against the debtor if the debtor does nothing or otherwise secure a consent judgment or a secured agreement by the debtor to pay the debt plus costs and interest
- Enforce the judgment by charging order, garnishee, warrant of sale, or bankruptcy or winding up proceedings
- Advise on Terms of Trade to ensure that all the necessary debt recovery procedures are set out in them.
Having good credit control and debt collection procedures are critical in today’s business environment.